Monday, December 2, 2013

BALANCE

Hi, my name is Jessica, and I am riding on Balance. Last Christmas, I spent a few days with my spiritual mom (On Time) and her sister (Purpose). I had noticed a difference in my spiritual mom for a few weeks. She was living her life differently. We were all talking, and they shared the camel way of life with me. I said, "Yes" that night to the Holy Spirit to join the caravan. I remember thinking it will be several weeks before God would give me my name, but in the middle of the night I woke up and heard "balance." I said, "Balance. Lord, what does this mean?" He said, "Your camel's name is Balance." I laughed because Jessica in herself is very unbalanced. I am either one extreme or the other. I have been that way my whole life. 

My journey with the camel had begun. I wish I could say it has been a wonderful year, and I have lived the camel way of life. This year, I moved to Alabama to help take care of my mom who is sick, and I did not want to be there. I wanted to be home in Arkansas. I feel like most of this year has been spent hanging upside down on Balance. I went through a period of time where I wanted to shoot my camel because it was a constant reminder to me that there was a better way of life--a life of surrender, a life of yielding and a life filled with many travelling companions. Surrender sounds so easy, but in reality it is a daily process of saying, "Lord, Your way, not mine own." I still ride sideways at times, but the important thing is that I am still on my camel on the way to my bridegroom.
"The Balance of Life"

I thank God for all my traveling companions. I draw off them so much, and God has shown me things through people whom I have never even talked to. I am in a place where I normally do not have access to the internet, but I have each camel's name and am able to look over them. God will show me something through a name for that day. That has summed up my year on Balance. I look forward to 2014 with Balance and all of my traveling companions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment