Wednesday, November 20, 2013

BEAUTY

Leah

I said, "I will," to God four years ago. I was riding on a camel along with my sisters for some time before even realizing it was there, let alone what its name was. After realizing that I was indeed riding on this camel and questioning its name, I spent some time one afternoon praying to God. I was having a bad day, feeling the weight of all my insecurities. I was telling God how ugly I felt, both inside and out. Suddenly in the middle of my prayer, I felt God saying to me, "Leah, what are you saying? You are riding on Beauty." At first I thought, "No way, that is not my camel. Can that even be a camel?!" But I realized I was looking at beauty all wrong. I was created by God, saved by God, and am loved by God. Of course there is beauty in me when all those things are true. 

My sense of beauty has changed since then. I'm still learning what beauty is, and probably always will be. But I have found a lot of truth about beauty in this passage:

Ecclesiastes 3:10-11

"I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has placed eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." 

No comments:

Post a Comment