Wednesday, November 20, 2013

CONFIDENCE

Molly

The first time I heard about the camels was through my friend and accountability partner, Amanda (Refuge!). As soon as she explained it to me, I knew my camel's name, but I didn't say anything because I decided to pray about it just to make sure that my initial hunch was right. Over the next few days, I prayed to God and told Him that I thought my camel's name was Confidence. I asked Him to tell me if this was right or wrong. When I had prayed about it a few times, I only felt more strongly that Confidence was my camel's name.

I am riding on Confidence for two reasons. First of all, I had a lot of doubts when I first became a Christian, but over time, through prayer and scripture, I was able to gain confidence in my faith. Secondly, I was a very shy child, and I would not speak to anyone but the closest of relatives (that even excludes grandparents!). Over time, I began to gain confidence and began speaking more. My grandma later told me that she had been praying for me the whole time. During late high school and now during college, confidence is very necessary because I lead others to Christ when I am confident and bold in Him. Sometimes I am still shy, but I know that speaking up with people I know and introducing myself to people I don't know is important to spreading the gospel. 

I am riding on Confidence! 

No comments:

Post a Comment