Thursday, November 14, 2013

GRACE

Hi, I’m Julie.  In the fall, Sherrie and I and the girls’ college Bible study began studying this story in Genesis 24.  It took weeks, then months of reading, praying and asking the Spirit to grant us understanding before we came to the conclusion that GOD was telling us, “If you say ‘I will’ and sit still and trust me, I will bless you and show you amazing things!”

2012 was one of those years that tried to wear us out.  We tearfully buried my husband’s sister after a 13 year battle with cancer.  Our family prayed through the deployment of our son and daughter-in-law to Iraq and Afghanistan, while our other four children were in the process of moving out and finding their way in this great big adult world. Next was my diagnosis of breast cancer and the surgeries and recovery that would follow.  While we tried to maneuver the speed bumps and potholes, GOD continued to show us His amazing grace.  It became obvious that He had enlisted my husband, children, family members, friends and voracious prayer warriors to be grace-givers.


When the idea of riding back in time with Rebekah and her bridesmaids was presented, we jumped on it.  We pictured ourselves on the backs of our camels high and lifted up, hands waving in the air, giving the Spirit complete control of the reins.  The thought of naming our camels was challenging for some but for me it was obvious.  GOD had showed me His character of grace at every turn and now He would ask me to show grace to others.  I will spend the rest of my life’s journey filtering everything I do and say and think through Grace, and Grace will lead me home.  Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. What a life changing testimony!!!
    Thank you for sharing your grace with everyone!

    ReplyDelete