Thursday, November 14, 2013

PURPOSE

Hi, I’m Sherrie and I’m riding on Purpose with Grace (Julie).  The power of saying ‘I will’ has completely changed how I view my life.  It took me awhile to know that I was riding on.  I have been a Christian for over 30 years, my husband, Steve and I have raised 5 beautiful children. I’ve also home schooled, gone to church, taught Sunday school, been an intercessor, been on prayer teams and have preached a few sermons on a Sunday morning.  But for as long as I can remember I have had this nagging voice in my heart.  What are you doing?  Why are you here? Are you doing enough are you doing too much.  People would talk about their calling; I didn’t have one, no set goal.  I felt like I was drifting and random.  I always felt I was in Plan B.  I kind of let life happen to me and it did.

But the day I said ‘I will’ and climbed up on my camel and started riding hands free was the day all of that changed.  For weeks I waited to know my camel’s name.  I woke up to these words one morning ‘Ride on Purpose’. From that moment on my life made sense.  

Everything I do and have done is on Purpose.  There is no plan B.  I am in plan A where there is nothing missing, nothing broken and nothing lost.  Knowing my purpose is the very thing that was stolen from me.  Purpose is what I have always been riding on.  It will take me to my Bridegroom.  I choose to stay on Purpose.  The freedom, provision, confidence, hope and joy that came with knowing what was carrying me all this time was incredible.  I believe Him now.  Everything I do, every conversation I have, every prayer I breathe is on Purpose, His Purpose.  I never have to question again.  My ‘yes’ gave the Lord permission to search the inner most parts of my mind and heart and hold the reins.  I am in a seated position, being led by the Holy Spirit.  He takes me back around old circumstances just to show me what it looks like from a new height from His perspective.  He has surrounded me with traveling companions and brings them alongside as we need each other.  I don’t live will without them.

There nothing the same about my life except my circumstances.  My inner response, my outer response changes daily as He show me His miraculous transformation in me and in others as He adds to the church daily.  I am no longer asking where I fit.  I’m actually in His perfect will and called to ride hands free on Purpose for His Glory.  2 Tim 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment