Friday, November 22, 2013

GRACE

Chelsea

My name is Grace. I have known it to be Truth, Audacious, Fearless, and I have known it also to accompany its various counterparts: Ashamed, Fearful, Broken, and worst of all, Lies. Thankfully, God's grace is abundant and real. My story begins with an engagement to be married to my one true love and one true best friend. Followed by this engagement was the instruction of the Lord to be like Abraham and to follow Him into a foreign land that we would not know until we arrived there. We proceeded with plans, and I proceeded on to a journey through God's Word that would lead me to my kindred, Rebekah. Rebekah was a fearless woman who rode toward her own groom audaciously and with truth in her heart. And so are we.

I was told that sometimes being a Christian makes people feel they have to stick to their guns and stand firm and fearless in what they believe. Little did I know that while I stood truthfully and boldly by my God, I did so with little grace in my words and actions. God has shown me that to have truth and fearlessness and audacity, I must provide those through His grace. Through this journey, I have had to ask the Lord to search my heart and take me places that perhaps didn't appeal to me to have to go, but it has shown me to ride on Grace and let the Lord guide my words and my actions through it. Now I no longer have to carry shame, walk broken, listen to lies or be fearful. Today and every day, God's Grace is made perfect in my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment