Thursday, November 21, 2013

KEVIN

Annie walks in her God-given identity of gentle, lovable, kindness, or Kevin, as she calls it.

I'm Annie's mom, and I am riding on Purpose. The reality of the simplicity of this journey is overwhelming to me. Annie hasn't been in on any camel conversations or Bible studies concerning the camel journey. Annie also knows what she is saying, and yet her communication skills are a challenge to everyone around her. 

Yet, when I asked her after she had walked up and taken my hand and kissed it, "Are you riding a camel?" Annie answered, "Yes, I am." 
I asked, "Do you know its name?" 
"Yes. It's Kevin." 

When I looked up Kevin in my name book, it described Annie perfectly. Lovable, gentle, kindness.

Annie has Down Syndrome; I have never met a more secure, genuine, loving, accepting person in my life. I get the privilege of seeing God work through her in amazing ways, just because she knows who she is. She walks in it with authority. It's like breathing to her. 

Annie doesn't question her identity. She knows she's beautiful and complete. She knows who she is riding with, and there is nothing missing. When she needs Confidence, Patience, Mercy, Timing, Grace, Endurance, Joy, Hope, Refuge, Freedom, Forgiveness, Peace, and Trust, they are right beside her. She uses Key all the time to open opportunities to show God's hidden treasure of love. She brings it with her. She knows she is highly favored and rides how He sees her. You cannot deter her when she is on a mission because she is riding with Passion. God gets all the glory because Annie walks in a childlike state of simple faith, believing who she is. Who God says she is is His Bride. When the end of her life comes on this earth, she will lift off of Kevin (lovable, gentle, kindness) into the arms of her bridegroom, and she will hear, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant." 

1 comment:

  1. Love this one! Chuck has told me several Annie stories. I am always filled with wonder as I am now.

    ReplyDelete